Bristol Motor Speedway hosts an action-packed NASCAR national series tripleheader with the NASCAR Cup Series Round of 16 elimination race, the NASCAR Xfinity Series regular-season finale and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Round of 10 elimination race.
Here’s a look at what Cup Series drivers need to have happen in order to advance.
NASCAR CUP SERIES: Last chance to make the Playoffs’ Round of 12
This weekend’s Bass Pro Shops Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway will bring the first round of the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs to a close and four drivers will be eliminated from the postseason. With three drivers locked in and moving on, that leaves nine spots still up for grabs this weekend.
The following three drivers have clinched a spot in the 12-driver Playoff field of the next round: Kyle Larson, Denny Hamlin and Martin Truex Jr. Following Stage 2 at Bristol, Joey Logano, Kevin Harvick and Ryan Blaney locked into the next round. Chase Elliott also locked into the next round during the final stage.
Can Clinch Via Points
If there is a repeat winner or a win by a driver who cannot advance to the next round, the following drivers could clinch by being ahead of the 11th winless driver in the standings. The same point requirements listed below would hold true if a new win comes from among Kyle Larson, Joey Logano, Ryan Blaney, Kevin Harvick, Chase Elliott, Christopher Bell, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch or Aric Almirola.
- Christopher Bell: Would clinch with 36 points, 37 points if Aric Almirola wins.
- Brad Keselowski: Would clinch with 41 points.
- Kyle Busch: Would clinch with 46 points.
- Aric Almirola: Would clinch with 51 points.
- Kurt Busch: Would clinch with 54 points.
- Alex Bowman: Would clinch with 54 points.
- Tyler Reddick, William Byron and Michael McDowell: Could only clinch with help this weekend.
The following drivers could clinch on points with a win by Kurt Busch, Alex Bowman, Tyler Reddick, William Byron or Michael McDowell:
- Christopher Bell: Would clinch with 38 points, 39 points if Reddick, Byron or McDowell wins.
- Brad Keselowski: Would clinch with 43 points.
- Kyle Busch: Would clinch with 48 points.
- Aric Almirola: Would clinch with 53 points.
- Kurt Busch: Would clinch with 55 points.
- Alex Bowman: Would clinch with 55 points.
- Tyler Reddick, William Byron and Michael McDowell: Could only clinch with help.
Can Clinch Via Win
The following drivers would clinch on their win alone: Chase Elliott, Christopher Bell, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Aric Almirola, Kurt Busch, Alex Bowman, Tyler Reddick, William Byron, Michael McDowell.
NASCAR XFINITY SERIES
AJ Allmendinger beat Austin Cindric for the regular-season championship. Brandon Jones, Riley Herbst and Jeremy Clements grabbed the final three playoff spots.
NASCAR CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES
Todd Gilliland and Austin Hill were eliminated from the playoffs after the race at Bristol.