This is your hub for NASCAR news and information in regards to the coronavirus outbreak and its impact in the sport. Bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
In response to public health officials’ advice regarding the outbreak of coronavirus in the United States and abroad, NASCAR postponed race events through May 3. No makeup dates have been announced, but NASCAR officials said the intention is to run a 36-race schedule this year. The next NASCAR national series events are scheduled for Martinsville Speedway (May 9) when the NASCAR Cup Series is set to be on the track under the lights. | Full story
• Charlotte Motor Speedway: In partnership with the speedway, Atrium Health has created a Coronavirus Testing Center at zMAX Dragway, part of the Charlotte Motor Speedway complex. The remote testing site provides a convenient location for residents of northern Mecklenburg and Cabarrus Counties to have their tests performed, when ordered by their physician. Testing for COVID-19 is conducted without patients having to get out of their cars, which reduces the possibility of infecting other patients and healthcare workers. Tests are administered by appointment only from your physician.
• Atlanta Motor Speedway: Message to fans and ticket-holders about the postponements for March 13-15.
• Bristol Motor Speedway: Message to fans and ticket-holders about the postponements for April 3-5.
• Dover International Speedway: Message to fans and ticket-holders about the postponements for May 1-3.
• Homestead-Miami Speedway: Message to fans and ticket-holders about the postponements for March 20-22.
• NASCAR Hall of Fame and team shops: Read here to learn about how the Hall and teams are taking precautions and closing to the public.
• Richmond Raceway: Message to fans and ticket-holders about the postponements for April 17-19.
• Talladega Superspeedway: Message to fans and ticket-holders about the postponements for April 24-26.
• Texas Motor Speedway: Message to fans and ticket-holders about the postponements for March 27-29.
• Racing Electronics: Message to subscribers about postponed NASCAR events.
• Wood Brothers Racing: Providing tablets for seniors; find out more.
• TrackPass on NBC Sports Gold: Free access to racing fans through May 1; find out more here.
- March 24: FOX announces commitment to air eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
- March 17: NASCAR bans all testing (not directly related to the Next Gen car) until further notice.
- March 16: NASCAR postpones race events through May 3, in accordance with recent CDC guidance. No makeup dates are set.
- March 13: NASCAR postpones race weekends at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway because of the coronavirus outbreak. No makeup dates are set.
- IMSA moves three events back, including Road Atlanta
- ARCA Menards Series postpones events
- Whelen Modified opener postponed
- IMSA announces schedule updates
- 12 Hours of Sebring postponed until November
- Euro Series alters schedule
- NASCAR TV programming for March 23-29 (subject to updates)
NASCAR HALL OF FAME/RACE SHOPS
- Get the latest information on closures and statements from these entities.
- Jimmie Johnson: The seven-time champ has set up a fundraising effort for the Center for Disaster Philanthropy, Inc. where anyone who donates at least $25 will be entered to win signed Jimmie Johnson race worn shoes. The winner will be selected randomly at the conclusion of the fundraising period after April 6. The Center for Disaster Philanthropy, Inc. is an organization that has started the CDP COVID-19 Response Fund which focuses on supporting local nonprofit organizations working in areas identified as having high numbers of affected individuals and those who are working with the most vulnerable populations in these areas to help build their capacity for response. Learn more about the efforts | DONATE TODAY
- How industry, drivers, partners are responding to coronavirus
NASCAR and iRacing announced the formation of the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series, an exhibition esports series featuring many of the sport’s most talented and popular drivers. The multi-week series kicked off Sunday at virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway and will be back on Sunday, March 29 to run at virtual Texas Motor Speedway on FOX. | More about the series
- Recap the Texas race: Hill bumps Byron, holds on to win in OT at Texas
- Recap the Miami race: Hamlin bumps, beats Dale Jr. to finish in eNASCAR opener
THROWBACK RACES ON YOUTUBE
Check back with us throughout the week as we unearth some gems from our vault for your viewing enjoyment.